Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Beef Stroganoff

This is one of my favorite favorite favorite dishes my mama used to make.  In 6th grade, I was in a World's Culture Fair at school and was assigned Belarus as my country.  My mom made a giant batch of this stuff and I handed it out in little dixie cups dressed in my little Russian outfit.
This time around, I got a little adventurous and used a different cut of meat- don't do it y'all! Stick to the recipe; it's so much better. 

Beef Stroganoff



Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs round steak, cut in 1/4 inch strips
2 tbsp onion soup mix
1 (6 oz) can sliced mushrooms
8 oz reduced fat sour cream
egg noodles

Directions:
1) Brown steak strips in skillet.
2) Add soup mix and mushrooms with liquid.
3) Heat until bubbly.
4) Slowly add sour cream and cook until thoroughly heated.
5) Serve with noodles.

Soundtrack:
Modest Mouse- "Tiny Cities Made of Ashes"
Flaming Lips- "Do You Realize?" (Representin' OKC!)
Arcade Fire- "Wake Up"

No comments:

Post a Comment