Monday, March 12, 2012

Chicken and Broccoli Casserole

I'm not very good at this daily blogging thing.  I'll try to make up for my absence by posting several recipes tonight.  The thing is...I always forget to take pictures of my finished products!

I'll start with one of my favorite casseroles.  This is super easy, incredibly tasty, and is one of those meals that's almost better the next day as leftovers!

Chicken Broccoli Casserole
(Recipe from Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour)


Ingredients:

3 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
2 cans of reduced fat cream of chicken soup
1 cup of miracle whip
1 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
1 cup Colby & Monterrey jack cheese
1 bag frozen broccoli,thawed and chopped
salt & pepper to taste

That's all it takes, folks! Tip: They sell frozen broccoli that's already chopped but they didn't have any in off brand. That would save a little bit of time if you're in a hurry but not much.


Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Cook the chicken and shred.
3) Chop broccoli if you're like me and preferred to save a few cents on off brand :)
4) Mix ALL ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
5) Dump mixture into a greased casserole dish.
6) Cook for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

Serve by itself or with rice.  I top it off with more shredded cheese and of course....*drum roll please*...FRANK'S!

Soundtrack:
"Shame"- The Avett Brothers
"God Willin' & the Creek Don't Rise"- Ray LaMontange & The Pariah Dogs
"White Blank Page"- Mumford and Sons

No comments:

Post a Comment