Monday, March 12, 2012

Homemade Chicken 'n Dumplins

This is hands down my favorite meal to make.  It's southern comfort food at it's finest.  Plus, I get to use my Crock Pot which is the best thing since sliced bread!  I don't know what I would do without that bad boy...

Chicken 'n Dumplins
(Recipe from Disney Family)



Ingredients:
2 cups cooked chicken
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 soup cans water
4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)

Directions:
1) Mix all ingredients (except biscuits) in slow cooker.
2) Rip biscuits into quarters and GENTLY stir into mixture.
3) Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.

It's meals like this that make me PROUD to be from the south. 

Soundtrack:
"Oklahoma Sky"- Miranda Lambert
"All Your Life"- The Band Perry
"Closer to You"- Stoney LaRue

No comments:

Post a Comment