Hooray! Another crockpot recipe! What would I do in life without my beloved crockpot?? And since I used the crockpot, that means more time for side dishes. So tonight's post is another "two-fer!" The cheddar garlic biscuits are very similar to Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits but the oregano gives a little bit of an extra touch.
(Looks like it sounds but oh so good!)
1 lb. beef, browned
4 potatoes, cut into french fry strips
1 onion, chopped
16 oz. can red kidney beans, drained
8 oz. Velveeta, cubed
10 3/4 oz. can tomato soup
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. butter
1) In slow cooker, layer (in this order) ground beef, potatoes, onions, kidney beans, and cheese. Pour soup over top. Season with salt and pepper. Dot with butter.
2) Cover. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Oh, and don't forget the Frank's! I put that you-know-what on everything :)
Parmesan is also good sprinkled on top.
Cheddar Garlic Biscuits
(Recipe from Gimme Some Oven)
2 cups Bisquick
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2/3 cup milk
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2) In a large bowl, mix together Bisquick, cheese and garlic powder. Add in milk and stir until well mixed.
3) Shape the dough into biscuit-sized clumps, and drop onto the baking sheet. The biscuits will pretty much stay the same size and shape so try to make the clumps as pretty as possible :)
4) Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until biscuits begin to brown slightly around the edges.
5) While the biscuits bake, prepare the warm butter mixture by mixing together the melted butter, oregano and garlic salt in a small bowl (I just microwave the butter in a glass measuring cup and add other ingredients to the butter). As soon as the biscuits are removed from the oven, brush the biscuits (while they are still on the baking sheet) with the mixture until they are well-coated.
6) Serve warm.
Do not refrigerate! Just cover 'em up with saran wrap and microwave for 10-12 seconds the next day. But if your house is like mine, there won't be many left!
Miranda Lambert- "Easy Living"
Pistol Annies- "Hell On Heels"
Little Big Town- "Little White Church"