Ranch Chicken Pasta
(Recipe adapted from Real Mom Kitchen)
1 can fat free evaporated milk (I would recommend 1 1/2 or maybe even 2 cans)
1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix (NOT the dip mix)
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed and cooked
fresh ground black pepper to taste
1/2 box whole wheat penne noodles, cooked and drained
1-1 1/2 cups shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
1-1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1) Cube and cook chicken; set aside.
2) Meanwhile, cook pasta and drain; set aside.
3) On low heat, gradually combine evaporated milk, ranch dressing mix and pepper, whisking constantly until sauce thickens (about 15-20 minutes- do NOT get impatient and up the heat...it will curdle)
4) In a greased casserole dish, combine pasta, chicken, sauce, and cheeses.
5) Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until bubbly.
Y'all know I love my Frank's hot sauce but this is particularly good smothered in Frank's :)
***This dish, unfortunately, only scored a 3.8 out of 5 on the Hub-O-Meter but with the modifications, I'm sure this is 5.0 dinner***
"Free" - Haley Reinhart
"You and I' - Lady Gaga
"Mercy" - Duffy