Sunday, June 24, 2012

Lemon Chicken

Crock Pot alert! Yup, this recipe uses my favorite kitchen appliance. I seriously cannot get enough of slow cooking. Do y'all know not to add water to any Crock Pot recipe unless it calls for it? When cooking chicken in the Crock Pot, I almost always use frozen chicken because it is typically frozen in chicken broth and this keeps the meat from drying out. Just a little FYI :)

Crock Pot Lemon Chicken
(Recipe adapted from The Queen Bee's Hive)



Ingredients:
4 Tbsp butter
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg Italian dressing mix
2 lemons
rice




Directions:
1) Melt butter in the microwave (about 12 seconds) and pour in Crock Pot.
2) Place frozen chicken breasts in Crock Pot.
3) Sprinkle Italian dressing mix on top of chicken.
4) Juice both lemons over chicken.
5) Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
6) Remove chicken and shred with 2 forks.
7) Serve chicken on a bed of white rice and ladle juice over chicken.


***This dish scored a 4.4 out of 5 on the Hub-O-Meter***


Soundtrack:
"First Day of My Life" - Bright Eyes
"Say Hey (I Love You)" - Michael Franti
"You Are the Best Thing" - Ray LaMontagne


1 comment:

  1. I know you may not see this, but I wanted to let you know that this has been such a loved recipe for by family & friends! I'm sad to see no one else has commented here, but I have to say thank you for this dish - it's a true favorite!

    ReplyDelete