Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Crock Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs

I wasn't sure if it could be done; spaghetti and meatballs in the Crock Pot? I don't see why not.  I gave it a whirl and I think it came out pretty darn good.  Now, it's going to look like Chef Boyardee but I assure you that it most definitely does not taste like every one's favorite childhood meal in a can.  I really wish I had my Crock Pot back in college. This is so easy and budget friendly, even for a college student!  I mean, the meatballs are frozen and you don't even have to cook to pasta.  Jack pot!  I whipped up some Lemon Butter Asparagus and Garlic Cheese Ciabatta Bread for sides. 

Crock Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
(Recipe adapted from Make 5 Dinners in 1 Hour)



Ingredients:
6-8 oz thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta, dry
1 jar spaghetti sauce (I used Bertolli Tomato & Basil....YUM-OLA!)
1/2 sauce jar water
1/2 bag frozen meatballs (I suppose if you're an overachiever you could use homemade meatballs but...why?)
Parmesan cheese

Directions:
1) Break noodles in half and place in the bottom of lightly greased slow cooker.
2) Pour sauce over noodles.
3) Fill sauce jar half full of water and give it a little shake, getting the remaining sauce, and pour into slow cooker.
4) Top with meatballs.
5) Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
6) Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.




Soundtrack:
Tonight I rocked out to our friend's band's EP.  Check out the lovely ladies of Black Bonnet Ballyhoo on Facebook!
"Kids From the Block" - Black Bonnet Ballyhoo
"A Fortnight" - Black Bonnet Ballyhoo
"Godspeed" - Black Bonnet Ballyhoo (Sing it, Abby!)









No comments:

Post a Comment