Sunday, June 17, 2012

Pizza Casserole

I don't make many casseroles unless they look reeeeeally good.  I saw this on Pinterest and it immediately caught my eye.  I served it up with some garlic breadsticks and salad.  There was quite a bit left over but they didn't last long.  The hubs said it was almost better heated up the next day! Winning!

Pizza Casserole
(Recipe adapted from For Mamas)



Ingredients:
1/2 bag egg noodles
1 jar tomato sauce (I used Bertolli Olive Oil & Garlic and I HIGHLY recommend it)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 lb lean ground beef
1 package pepperonis (about 50 slices)



1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Brown beef and drain.
3) Boil noodles until al dente; drain and rinse.
4) In a greased casserole dish, layer ingredients in this order:
  • Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on the bottom of the dish
  • Next, half of the noodles
  • Half of the beef
  • Half of the sauce
  • Remaining noodles
  • Half of the cheese
  • Remaining beef
  • Remaining sauce
  • Remaining cheese
  • Cover in pepperonis
5) Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes
6) After 30 minutes, remove the foil and continue to cook for another 15.
7) Remove from oven and let sit, uncovered, for at least 10 minutes to thicken (so it will stay together).



***This dish scored a 4.7 out of 5 on the Hub-O-Meter***

Soundtrack:
My husband bought some of my favorite albums on vinyl so I've been listening to them on our record player :)
"Sigh No More" - Mumford and Sons
"Little Lion Man" - Mumford and Sons
"Awake My Soul" - Mumford and Sons


No comments:

Post a Comment