Friday, June 1, 2012

Tex-Mex Chicken

This is basically dinner in a dish; juicy, delicious chicken on a bed of Spanish rice.  It can really have a bite to it if you want it to.  Just depends on what kind of Picante sauce you use.  I used medium but next time I will probably use hot.  I also whipped up some Stir-Fried Zucchini & Squash which went really nicely with the chicken.

Tex-Mex Chicken
(Recipe from Campbell's Kitchen)



Ingredients:
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup Picante sauce
1/2 cup water
1 cup whole kernel corn
3/4 cup uncooked white rice (all I had was Minute Rice which I was kind of worried about but it worked great!)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Paprika
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded



Directions:
1) In a bowl, combine soup, Picante, water, corn and rice.
2) Transfer mixture to greased casserole dish.
3) Place chicken on top of mixture.
4) Sprinkle with paprika.
5) Cover and cook at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
6) Sprinkle with cheese and let sit until cheese is melted.



I'm having my husband rate each meal from now on so y'all will get an idea of how hubby-approved each dish is. 
***This dish scored a 4 out of 5 on the Hub-o-meter***

Soundtrack:
"Stubborn Love" - The Lumineers (totally obsessed with this band right now!)
"Gobbledigook" - Sigur Ros
"Slow Glass" - Noah and The Whale

No comments:

Post a Comment