Chicken & Rice
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
Cajun seasoning (I use Slap Yo Mama and won't use anything else because it's the BEST!!)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (plus more to sprinkle on top)
1 Tablespoon flour
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 pkg Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice
2 Tablespoons butter
1 cup milk
*This is how I set out my ingredients to make the cheese sauce; it helps me not get frazzled and makes it easier to keep it from curdleing*
This is how the cheese sauce should look, silky smooth!
1) Cube chicken and cook over the stove in EVOO and cajun seasoning; set aside.
2) Prepare rice as directed on package.
3) Spoon rice into greased casserole dish; add chicken.
4) Melt butter on low heat. Gradually whisk flour into melted butter. Add milk. Whisk over low heat until thick.
5) Gradually, and I mean GRADUALLY, add cheese and lemon juice. Whisk constantly until smooth and cheese is completely melted. Keep stove on low (medium-low at the highest); don't get impatient, y'all!
6) Pour sauce over rice and chicken; mix well.
7) Bake covered at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.