So, I have a confession...totally used canned chicken for this. Feel free to be a non-lazy person and use 3 or 4 shredded boneless skinless chicken breasts. If you want to join my lazy person club, make sure to drain and rinse the canned chicken or it'll taste salty.
White Chicken Enchiladas
(adapted from Let's Dish)
8 flour tortillas, taco sized
2 cups grated Monterrey Jack cheese
2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded (or 1 big and 1 small canned)
3 Tablespoons butter
3 Tablespoons flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup reduced fat sour cream
1 small can diced green chilies
cilantro (optional), for garnish
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Combine chicken and 1 cup of the grated cheese.
3) Fill tortillas with chicken and cheese mixture, evenly.
4) Roll up the tortillas and place them seam side down in greased casserole dish.
5) In a large sauce pan, melt butter; add flour and stir until thick (about 1 minute).
6) Add chicken broth; whisk until smooth; cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
7) Stir in sour cream and diced green chilies.
8) Pour sauce evenly over the tortillas.
9) Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
10) Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
11) Top with cilantro for garnish.