I don't post many healthy recipes but really, that's my favorite way to cook. I know that's hard to believe with all the cheesy savory goodness that usually makes it's appearance on my blog. This salmon is packed with flavor and is absolutely DE-LISH!
Citrus Salmon with Mango Salsa
(Adapted from TasteSpotting & Elana's Pantry)
For the salsa:
1 avocado, cubed
1 mango, cubed
2 tablespoons minced red onions
1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon minced jalapeno peppers (or more if you like a little more of kick)
Several twists sea salt
For the salmon:
1 lb salmon, cut into 4 fillets
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 limes, sliced in half
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon seasoning of your choice (chipotle, Old Bay, etc)
1) Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2) Combine the avocado, mango, onions, cilantro, lime, and jalapenos in a large bowl; lightly crush with fork to release juices. Cover with Saran ran and place in fridge until you need it.
3) Rinse salmon, pat dry and place on a metal baking sheet; rub each fillet with olive oil.
4) Squeeze the juice from one-half lime onto each fillet
5) Sprinkle fillets with salt and seasoning, then place a half lime on top of each fillet.
6) Turn down oven temperature to 275 degrees; place salmon in oven and cook for 8-12 minutes, depending on how well done you like your fish