Warm Quinoa Salad
(Recipe from Katherine Martinelli)
1 1/2 cups red quinoa, cooked according to package instructions
2 sweet potatoes, skinned and cubed
1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3/4 lb Brussels sprouts, shaved OR put through the food processor
1/4 cup real maple syrup
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup blanched almond slivers
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Cook quinoa according the package; set aside.
2. Place cubed sweet potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Simmer until tender, about 10-12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil on medium. Add shredded brussels sprouts and saute until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
4. Add cooked quinoa and sweet potatoes to sprouts. Mix well.
5. Pour in maple syrup, cranberries, almonds, cilantro and salt. Toss and serve warm.
- Soak brussels sprouts for 10 minutes in warm water and cut off stems before shaving, shredding, chopping, or food processoring.
- Always take your Herbalife!