The hubster was wanting some fish, and of course my southern mind immediately craved fried catfish, but we're trying to eat healthier. So I found this recipe for baked tilapia on Pinterest and it was A-MAZING. I paired it with my stuffed baked potatoes, steamed veggies and Crown Valley Royal Blush.
Baked Garlic Lemon Tilapia
(Recipe from skinnytaste.com)
4 tilapia filets
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
4 tsp fresh parsley
salt and pepper
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Melt butter on low heat in small sauce pan.
3) Add garlic and saute on low for about 1 minute.
4) Add lemon juice and turn off heat.
5) Spray bottom of baking dish with cooking spray and place fish on top, season with salt and pepper.
6) Pour the lemon butter mixture on the fish and top with parsley.
7) Bake at 400 degrees until cooked, about 15 minutes.
Stuffed Baked Potatoes
2 baking potatoes, baked (I totally cheated and bought the kind that comes in cellophane that you microwave)
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (plus a little more to sprinkle on top)
1) Cut baked potatoes in half lengthwise.
2) Scoop out the potato halves, leaving the skin intact.
3) In a mixing bowl, mash the pulp with milk and butter.
4) Stir in cheese.
5) Refill the potato skins with mixture and reheat at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes or until tops begin to brown.
6) Immediately top with more shredded cheese.
The Black Keys- "Lonely Boy"
Lloyd- "Dedication to My Ex"
Grouplove- "Tongue Tied"