Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies

Silly hormones, makin' me crave chocolate like no body's business.  My mom used to make these for my little brother and I all the time when we were growing up. So much for trying to eat "healthier" - ha!

Chocolate No-Bakes
(Recipe from my childhood)



Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
4 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
2 tsp vanilla

Everything you need (except for the milk...forgot to include that in this pic)


Directions:
1) Add butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa powder in a saucepan.
2) Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
3) Remove from heat and add in remaining ingredients.
4) Drop spoonfuls onto wax paper.
5) Refrigerate until set.

Soundtrack:
Stoney LaRue- "Idabel Blues"
Reckless Kelly- "Ragged as the Road"
Cross Canadian Ragweed- "Carney Man"

No comments:

Post a Comment