Monday, May 21, 2012

Chicken and Stuffing

I forgot to take a picture of the finished product, I guess because I was so excited to eat it.  The whole house smelled like Thanksgiving all day, can you blame me?? Anyway, this is another recipe that uses my favorite appliance in the world, the Crock Pot. AND, what makes it even better, it only takes 4 ingredients! I've been on a very-few-ingredients kick lately; with the weather being as amazing as it has been lately, I just want to be outside. Not inside cooking and doing other house-wifey things. If you're a sun-bunny like me, you'll love this. Less time in the kitchen = more time by the pool :)

Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing
(Recipe from The Pursuit of Happiness)

Ingredients:
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 box Stove Top stuffing mix (The sell a variety of flavors, I used the chicken mix)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup

Directions:
1) Place chicken in the crock pot.
2) Pour Stove Top over chicken.

3) In a bowl, combine sour cream, chicken soup, and 1/4 cup water; mix until smooth.

4) Pour mixture over chicken and stuffing.
5) Cook on low for 4 hours.
6) Fluff before serving

For a side, I poured a can of whole green beans in a small sauce pan, added some dry onion soup mix, and let it sit on the stove on medium-low for about 20 minutes.

Soundtrack:
Iron & Wine- "Such Great Heights"
Cat Power- "Sea of Love"
Adele- "Lovesong"

No comments:

Post a Comment