Monday, May 14, 2012

Pasta Salad

Our friends had us over for a BBQ the other night and I wanted to make some pasta salad.  I browsed through Pinterest but couldn't find a recipe that hit the spot.  So, I pinned a few that looked pretty good and combined the best parts of each.  And then I topped it with feta cheese because, let's be honest, what wouldn't be better with feta cheese?  So here's the hybrid I came up with and it was pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.

Pasta Salad



Ingredients:
1/2 pkg bowtie pasta, cooked and drained
1 lb fresh broccoli florets
8 slices cooked bacon
1 small can black olives, pitted and sliced
1 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp salt

Directions:
1) Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
2) Separate broccoli florets into smaller pieces.
3) Whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, red wine vinegar, and salt.
4) Add broccoli, hot pasta, and black olives to mayo mixture; gently stir to coat.
5) Cover and chill for 2-3 hours.
6) Crumble and stir in bacon before serving.

***You could also use red grapes and/or apples instead of black olives***

Soundtrack:
"Where Do My Bluebird Fly?" by The Tallest Man on Earth
"Wide Eyes" by Local Natives
"Stubborn Love" by The Lumineers

No comments:

Post a Comment