Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Nacho Chicken Casserole

This is another delicious recipe I got from my mom. I'm usually not a fan of recipes that use odd ingredients such as crushed up chips or crackers but this is an exception. This is SO GOOD, y'all. I use more cheese than what the recipe calls for but you use whatever your little hearts desire. We have a substantial amount left after dinner tonight and I can't wait to heat it up for lunch tomorrow!

Nacho Chicken Casserole (or, as I call it, Mexican Casserole)



Ingredients:
1 cup chicken, cooked and cubed
1 small bag Nacho Cheese Doritos chips, crushed (convenient store sized)
1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
sliced fresh mushrooms
8 oz sour cream
2 Tbsp milk
1 small can chopped green chilies
1/2 tsp minced jalapenos (I use more like 1 1/2 tsp)
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese



Directions:
1) In a bowl, combine first 8 ingredients.
2) Combine cheeses in a smaller bowl; stir half into the chicken mixture.
3) Transfer mixture to greased casserole dish.
4) Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
5) Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.



Soundtrack:
"Ho Hey" - The Lumineers
"Flowers in Your Hair" - The Lumineers
"Lost in My Mind" - The Head and The Heart


No comments:

Post a Comment