Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sour Cream Chicken

Ok, y'all. This is my absolute, all-time favorite recipe.  It goes way back to my childhood and my mom used to make it every time I came home from college per my request.  Now, I make it all the time and the hub absolutely loves it.  I could literally eat a bowl of the gravy by itself it's so amazing.  It's especially delish with steamed white rice drenched in the sour cream gravy.  You're welcome in advance :)



Sour Cream Chicken

Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Paprika
1/2 cup butter
1 (10 3/4) can of cream of mushroom soup
8 oz sour cream (room temperature)
2.8 oz French's onion rings
salt & pepper



Directions:
1) Salt and pepper both sides of chicken breasts and sprinkle with lots of paprika.
2) Top with butter patties.
3) Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
4) Reserve chicken on a plate and pour gravy drippings, mushroom soup, and sour cream in a bowl; mix well.
5) Put chicken back in 9 x 13 inch pan and pour gravy mixture on top.
6) Top with onion rings and bake for another 20 minutes.

Soundtrack:
"Emmylou" - First Aid Kit
"Laundry Room" - Avett Brothers
"Skinny Love" - Bon Iver

No comments:

Post a Comment